Monday, December 25, 2006

Name Change

Anyone who has followed this blog may remember that the title was originally "The Penses and Prayers of Br. Chris". I've decided to change the name to "An Ambassador for Christ". When I was in college, I wanted to be an ambassador because I thought of diplomacy and international politics as the way to bring about peace in the world. In college I had my "conversion", which, anyone who has experienced a conversion knows, means more a change in direct than reaching a final goal (in other words, I'm still in that process of conversion). After my initial "conversion experience," I came to see that the only hope for true peace in the world is the One who brings true peace to the hearts of men and women, Jesus Christ. Also, as it is He I must proclaim, and not myself (something I often need to remember), I think the title change very fitting.

"So we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." (2 Cor 5:20)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, brother. As the ambassador is for you, so it was with Francis and the knighthood. The Lord bends and transforms the best of our dreams unto Himself. Merry Christmas!